Attorney Profiles: David Franklin Hensley
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Phone: (423) 756-3596
Fax: (423) 756-3597
DAVID F. HENSLEY was born in Harlan, Kentucky in 1954 and lived his elementary school and high school years in McMinn County, Tennessee. He graduated summa cum laude from East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tennessee in 1976 and from the University of Tennessee College of Law in Knoxville in 1979. David relocated to Chattanooga in 1979 to clerk with Judge Herschel P. Franks of the Tennessee Court of Appeals.
In 1981 David joined the Chattanooga firm of Milligan, Hooper & Harris as an associate and remained with the firm and its successors until leaving Milligan, Barry, Hensley & Evans in 2003 to practice with Franklin, Cooper & Marcus where he has been a partner and shareholder since 2005.
He is a member of the American, Tennessee and Chattanooga Bar Associations, the Chattanooga Trial Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute. David is a past member and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the North River YMCA and a past member of the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House of Chattanooga. David is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 listed general civil mediator. He and his wife, Dianne, reside in Hixson, Tennessee with their two daughters, Laurel and Caroline.
Areas of Practice:
• Workers' Compensation
• Personal Injury & Property Damages
• Employment Law
• Insurance Defense
• 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
• Tennessee, 1979
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1979
• U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1980
• U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
• University of Tennessee college of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee - J.D. - 1979
• East Tennessee State University, Johnson city, Tennessee
B.S. (Summa Cum Laude) - 1976
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: Who's Who in American Colleges & Universities
Major: Political Science
• Archer Daniels Midland Company
• Tennessee Municipal League Risk Management Pool
• River Street Architecture
• RPA Insurance, LLC
• First Tennessee Bank, N.C.
• Cornerstone Community Bank
• Workers' Compensation in Tennessee, National Business Institute.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Tennessee Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Chattanooga Bar Association, Member
• Defense Research Institute
Past Employment Positions
• Tennessee court of Appeals, Clerk, 1979 - 1981
• Milligan, Barry, Hensley & Evans, Partner, 1981 - 2003
Pro bona Activities
• Legal Aid of East Tennessee, 2000 - Present
Our offices are open from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.