Attorney Profiles: H. Richard Marcus
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Phone: (423) 756-3596
Fax: (423) 756-3597
H. RICHARD MARCUS was born in Tifton, Georgia in 1949. He attended the University of Georgia and received a BBA degree in 1971. He attended Emory University School of Law and received his JD in 1974. He is licensed to practice law in Tennessee and Georgia, receiving his license in 1974 and 1975 respectively.
Rick moved to Chattanooga in 1974 and has lived there ever since. He is admitted before the U.S. Supreme Court. He is a member of American Inns of Court and served as president of the Ray L. Brock & Robert E. Cooper Inn (2006-2007).
He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, State Bar of Georgia, Chattanooga Bar Association and Lookout Mountain Bar Association. He is also a member of the Tennessee Trial Lawyers. Rick is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 listed mediator. He and his wife, Bonnie, reside in Hixson, Tennessee and have two adult daughters.
Areas of Practice:
• 30% Litigation - Personal Injury Defense
• 10% Litigation - Personal Injury Plaintiff
• 20% Litigation - General Civil
• 40% ADR - General
• 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
• Tennessee, 1974
• Georgia, 1975
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 1976
U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
• U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
• U.S. Supreme Court
• Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, J.D. - 1974
• University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, B.B.A. - 1971
• Progressive Companies
• National Grange Mutual
• Cotton States Ins. Co.
• Southern Trust Insurance Co.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Tennessee Bar Association, 1974 - Present
• State Bar of Georgia, 1975 - Present
• Chattanooga Bar Association, 1975 - Present
• Lookout Mountain Bar Association, 1975 - Present
• American Inns of Court, 2004 - Present
• American Inns of Court, President (Local Chapter Only), 2006 - 2007
Past Employment Positions
• Luther, Anderson, Partner, 1975 - 1980
• Fleissner, Cooper & Marcus, Partner, 1982 - 1997
• Phi Alpha Delta
Our offices are open from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.